New York City 917 305 7700 • 50 BroadwayFt. Lauderdale 954 601 1930 • 2900 W Cypress Creek Rd
Home » More than state-of-the-art hearing health care » Events by month » Music therapy for children with hearing loss NYC

Music therapy for children with hearing loss NYC

Center for Hearing and Communication
50 Broadway, 6th Fl. NYC
8-week program begins May 29, 2015, 11AM
Meets weekly, concluding July 24

Music-therapy-children-hearing-lossIt’s Music to My Ears

A limited number of spaces are still available for our new workshop, It’s Music to My Ears – a free 8-week music therapy program for infants and young children (up to 5 years) with all degrees of hearing loss.

Music helps nurture young minds, particularly in the development of speech, language, and listening skills. For children who are deaf and hard of hearing, auditory stimulation through music plays an important role in facilitating pitch, intonation, phonetics, and rhythm.

It’s Music to My Ears is a joint music therapy presentation of the Center for Hearing and Communication (CHC) and Music Together of Fort Greene/Clinton Hill. Facilitating the sessions are Alison Yeager, CHC speech-language pathologist, and Jelena Karanovic, a Music Together certified instructor.

Developmental areas include:

• Music learning
  • Speech and language skills
  • Cognitive ability
  • Listening skills
  • Social development
  • Motor development

If you have questions or would like more information about It’s Music to My Ears, call us at (917) 305-7840.

The complete list of dates is 5/29, 6/5, 6/12, 6/19, 6/26, 7/10, 7/17, and 7/24. Note that there is no class 7/3.

It’s Music to My Ears is presented under the auspices of the Kellogg Family Resource Center and made possible through the generous support of the Bodman Foundation.

We are professionals, family, friends and advocates improving life with hearing loss.