Noise Center Archives
Timeless articles on important noise topics
You’re invited to view articles originally published between 1998 and 2001 in Hearing Rehabilitation Quarterly. The pieces cover a range of noise-related topics with information and advice that remains relevant today.
CHC is appreciative of the contributions of authors Amy Boyle, Arline L. Bronzaft, PhD, Les Blomberg, Nancy Nadler, MEd, MA, Kathy Peck, Ed Walsh and others.
Please use the index to the left to click on any article of interest. You can find the complete title of each article below.
- The Path to Quiet: Don’t Just Say “No” to Noise, Say “Yes” to Quiet
- Dancing Till Deaf
- Aircraft Noise: The Ailment and The Treatment
- Assert Your Right to Peace and Quiet!
- Stop the Noise: An Investigation of Sound Levels in Elementary School
- Controlling Noise Is in Our Hands
- Participants Take Control of Noise!
- Noise, Sovereignty, and Civility
- Intrusive Community Noises Yield More Complaints
- It Takes a “Silent Village” To Harm A Child
- Out Of the Mouths Of Babes: What Children Say About Noise
- A Voice to End the Government’s Silence on Noise
- Beware: Noise Is Hazardous to Our Children’s Development
Thank you for delving into these important topics and for any action you take to make the world quieter and safer for all!