NYC hearing test and other services at CHC
Experience compassionate and field-leading services in hearing health care. The Center for Hearing and Communication is proud to offer our acclaimed services in audiology (NYC hearing test, hearing aids, custom ear plugs), speech-language therapy, counseling, and more.
50 Broadway, 6th floor; New York, NY 10004 (map)
Lower Manhattan (Financial District)
Find the entrance on the east side of Broadway, south of Exchange Place.
Subway: 4, 5 and 2, 3 trains to Wall St. Station; or R, W and 1 trains to Rector St. Station. Check which subway stops are handicap accessible.
Bus: M5 stops at Rector which is 1 block north of our office; the M15 Local and M15 Select entail a .35 mile walk (from Water St./Gouveneur La.) and the M20 a .28 mile walk from Battery Pl./Washington St.).
Mon., Wed., and Fri.: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tue. and Thu.: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
While most hearing center services in our NYC office require an appointment, walk-in services are available on a limited basis for CHC clients in need of hearing aid repairs, earmolds and other technology needs that arise on short notice. Click below for designated walk-in hours (NYC only).
NYC hearing test and other clinical services at CHC
Audiology services—hearing assessments and hearing technology
- Hearing screenings and full hearing evaluations
- Hearing aid consultations and orientation
- Hearing aid fitting and evaluation
- Real-world, audiovisual hearing aid programming
- Hearing aid repair / emergency hearing aid repair (loaner aids when available) and earmolds
- Assistive devices demonstrations
- Custom hearing protection and headphones/earpieces
- Auditory processing disorder evaluations (CAPD testing)
- Tinnitus retraining therapy and hyperacusis relief
Communication services—speech-language therapy, auditory training, and speechreading
- Auditory-oral therapy for children
- Post-cochlear implant rehabilitation
- Communication therapy for non-native-English speakers
- APD therapy
- Speechreading (“lip reading”)
- Language and memory support for seniors—SoundMind
- Psychoeducational evaluation
- Speech and voice evaluation
Emotional health services—all services are American Sign Language accessible
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Therapeutic support groups
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Crisis intervention
- Information and referral