NYC hearing test and other services at CHC
Experience compassionate and field-leading services in hearing health care. The Center for Hearing and Communication is proud to offer our acclaimed services in audiology (NYC hearing test, hearing aids, custom ear plugs), speech-language therapy, counseling, and more.
50 Broadway, 6th floor; New York, NY 10004 (map)
Lower Manhattan (Financial District)
Find the entrance on the east side of Broadway, south of Exchange Place.
Subway: 4, 5 and 2, 3 trains to Wall St. Station; or R, W and 1 trains to Rector St. Station. Check which subway stops are handicap accessible.
Bus: M5 stops at Rector which is 1 block north of our office; the M15 Local and M15 Select entail a .35 mile walk (from Water St./Gouveneur La.) and the M20 a .28 mile walk from Battery Pl./Washington St.).
CHC-NY is closed Wednesday, March 21, 2018 due to the severe winter storm. We expect to reopen on the 22nd. If you have an appointment scheduled for the 21st, we will be in touch to reschedule at a time that is convenient for you. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Mon., Wed., and Fri.: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tue. and Thu.: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
While most hearing center services in our NYC office require an appointment, walk-in services are available on a limited basis for CHC clients in need of hearing aid repairs, earmolds and other technology needs that arise on short notice. Click below for designated walk-in hours (NYC only).
NYC hearing test and other clinical services at CHC
Audiology services—hearing assessments and hearing technology
- Hearing screenings and full hearing evaluations
- Hearing aid consultations and orientation
- Hearing aid fitting and evaluation
- Real-world, audiovisual hearing aid programming
- Hearing aid repair / emergency hearing aid repair (loaner aids when available) and earmolds
- Assistive devices demonstrations
- Custom hearing protection and headphones/earpieces
- Auditory processing disorder evaluations (CAPD testing)
- Tinnitus retraining therapy and hyperacusis relief
Communication services—speech-language therapy, auditory training, and speechreading
- Auditory-oral therapy for children
- Post-cochlear implant rehabilitation
- Communication therapy for non-native-English speakers
- APD therapy
- Speechreading (“lip reading”)
- Language and memory support for seniors—SoundMind
- Psychoeducational evaluation
- Speech and voice evaluation
Emotional health services—all services are American Sign Language accessible
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Therapeutic support groups
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Crisis intervention
- Information and referral