Communicate with confidence (adults)
Effective March 17th, CHC staff in New York will be working from home where they will be available to answer your questions, help address your needs and provide teletherapy, where appropriate. While we are not currently offering in-office services, we would be happy to set up an appointment for you in the April/May time frame. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for an appointment or any other issue you might be having.
Life as a deaf or hard of hearing person in a hearing world takes extra effort every day. But with a plan and steadfast support from CHC’s speech-language clinicians, it doesn’t have to be a struggle.
Services for adults
- Speech and voice evaluation
- Adult audiology services coordination
- Auditory training and speech and communication therapy
- Post-cochlear implant rehabilitation therapy
- Speechreading training
- Short Course: Communicating Better with Hearing Loss
- Support groups
- English-as-a-second-language (ESL) communication therapy
New in 2019: CHAT, an auditory rehabilitation program focusing on Communication, Hearing Aids, Advocacy and Technology. It’s an ideal opportunity for anyone adjusting to new hearing aids to hear and communicate better. Evening and lunchtime programs are available. Contact us to learn more.
Especially for seniors
- The new Communication Group for Seniors with Hearing Loss will begin soon. This stimulating 8-week course, facilitated by a speech-language pathologist, is free. Click here to learn more about Communicate with Confidence.
- Geriatric audiology services coordination
- Center for Hearing and Aging outreach and education