Clinical services in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Effective March 23rd, CHC staff in Fort Lauderdale will be working from home where they will be available to answer your questions and help address your needs. While we are not currently offering in-office services, we would be happy to set up an appointment for you in the May/June time frame. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for an appointment or any other issue you might be having.
Hear and Connect Resources
Connect with CHC-Florida on Facebook and Instagram to access news and updates in real time. Sign up for CHC’s e-newsletter, The Buzz and receive our weekly Hear and Connect e-blasts highlighting important resources, tech solutions and strategies for coping and connecting in these uncertain times.
- Video (ASL): Take Control of Your Online Learning. Janick Hickman of CHC-FL calls our attention to a video by the National Deaf Center. View.
- Video (ASL): Teacher Talk. Melissa Kelly and Lauren Thilbert, deaf and HOH teachers, answer parents’ most pressing questions. View.
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation. Mental Health Counselor Janick Hickman shares a technique you can learn at home to combat stress, treat stress-related health problems and relieve tension. Read.
- After-School Professionals Appreciation Week. Mental Health Counselor Jaci Wright puts the spotlight on CHC-FL staff for the support and guidance they’ve provided to our kids throughout the Covid-19 crisis. Read.
Programs and services
We’re pleased to offer a comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach to hearing healthcare through specialized clinical and support services for adults and children.Hearing testing
- Hearing aid evaluation, dispensing and sales
- Hearing aid repairs
- Custom earmolds
- Assistive device counseling
- Custom ear plugs
- Free hearing screenings
- Free specialized telephone distribution program
- Psychological evaluation and counseling
- Support groups
- Youth educational programs
- Career development
- American Sign Language (ASL) instruction
- Educational workshops
Learn more and contact us
Explore the individual programs and services using the menu on the left. If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us at (954) 601-1930 or FLreception@CHChearing.org.