We received many offers to help, and have someone on board! Thanks to all who wrote. Always feel free to contact us if you’d like to get involved at CHC.
Work with us one day a week to help keep CHC kids with hearing loss and their families smiling.
Every day, children are playing, laughing, and chatting in the halls of CHC in NYC. Lately, things have really been buzzing, and we’re gearing up for a big 2013. With so many kids who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have auditory processing disorder (APD) coming each week to CHC for help, there is MUCH to do.
Do you (or someone you know) have a little time to contribute to a worthy cause?
Become part of the reason why NYC-area families of kids with hearing loss choose the Center for Hearing and Communication, a nonprofit, 102-year old organization, for intensive communication therapy. We help people of all ages with hearing loss connect with the world of sound and language, and to communicate better. Enrollment in our services for children with hearing loss or APD has grown tremendously in recent years.
CHC needs a volunteer who:
- Will work on-site at CHC in Manhattan (50 Broadway, New York, NY)
- Is available on Tuesdays for half OR full days between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Can commit to working with us for at least two or three months (and hopefully more)
- Possesses a good phone manner and excellent communication skills
- Is proficient at basic office computer skills
We know you’ll find helping out here richly rewarding. CHC is renowned for clinical excellence and compassionate care, and our offices are a special, welcoming environment. This position involves direct communication with our clients and training from our professional staff.
- Setting and arranging appointments
- Facilitating communication between clinicians and clients/families
- Data entry and filing
To express your interest in this opportunity at CHC (or others), please fill out this form. Forward this post if you know someone else who might interested!